|Holidays Shabbat Chabad-houses Chassidism Subscribe Calendar Links|
|The Weekly Publication for Every Jewish Person|
Hayom-Yom for 12, Cheshvan
|Hayom Yom was written by the Lubavitcher Rebbe in 5703 (1942-43).|
In this box we have listed the Torah Lessons for this year.
The Torah Lessons below in the text are as they were in the original edition.
Wednesday Cheshvan 12 5704 Torah Lessons
Chumash: Vayeira, Revi'i with Rashi.
Tanya: And this is (p. 565)...to the blessing. (p. 567).
One of the Alter Rebbe's early teachings, then called Verter  (lit. "words," short sayings):
"Sh'ma Yisrael  - a Jew  senses  that Havayeh  Elokeinu - our strength and life  is beyond nature,  and Havayeh Echad - Havayeh is One.
- (Back to text) See Sivan 15.
- (Back to text) Lit. "Hear, O Israel."
- (Back to text) From the word Yisrael, one of Israel.
- (Back to text) From Sh'ma, "hear," "listen," or "comprehend"; hence, "senses."
- (Back to text) See Tishrei 3 and footnotes.
- (Back to text) Or "vitality," "life-force."
- (Back to text) Havayeh, G-d transcendent, above nature, is Elokeinu, "our G-d" - our strength and life. Viz. Tishrei 3.
| About |